Friday, April 30, 2010

Instant Light Charcoal vs Regular Charcoal

BBQ
Instant Light Charcoal VS Regular Charcoal


A classic battle which one is better. Well to me its a no brainier I choose Regular Charcoal over Instant Light any day, and to me its because no matter what I always seem to be able to taste the starter fluid they are drenched in. I know what your thinking you have to use lighter fluid to start regular charcoal also, this is true but I just feel like its easier to burn off since it's only on the top layer where it seems that Instant Charcoal is saturated in the starter fluid and doesn't seem to burn off. Now I'm not saying you won't ever taste the lighter fluid in Regular Charcoal I'm just saying that it is more likely to burn off without leaving a aftertaste. Although Instant Light Charcoal does have an advantage you don't need the lighter fluid, and I know at one point or another I have been seen kicking rocks because I didn't have any lighter fluid for Regular Charcoal. And in moderate wind conditions it is easier to get the instant light rolling faster. But overall When it comes to my BBQ and my grill I choose Regular BBQ Charcoal only.

Hint: TO HELP BURN OFF SOME OF THE STARTER FLUID TASTE LET YOUR CHARCOAL BURN 5-10 MIN LONGER THAN THE DIRECTIONS CALL FOR. ENJOY YOUR BBQ.





No comments:

Post a Comment